Bank/Casual Support Workers – Suffolk
15000 - 20000
Closing - 28 Feb 2021
Bank/Casual Support Worker jobs available in Suffolk!
Why join us:
• Flexible working hours to suit your personal commitments
• Award-winning in-house training delivered by our very own experts, as well as training delivered by professional external trainers
• Accrued holiday entitlement
• Starting rate of £8.72 for all new Support Workers
• Up to 8% employer’s pension contribution
• Opportunity to work in a varied and diverse environment – no two days are the same!
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community. Customers supported by Leading Lives can experience new opportunities, retain or gain independence, develop friendships and try new activities or learn new skills in a welcoming environment. Our Support Workers are part of the essential workforce working during the Covid-19 pandemic to ensure all our customers receive the support they deserve.
Everyday is Different
You’ll be supporting our customers to lead the life they choose out and about in the community or within their own home. Did you know, on average, less than 10% of the role involves personal care? Our Support Workers are caring and passionate and will know that there’s no better feeling than seeing the difference their job makes to other people’s lives, however this may be.
Every day really is different – you’ll be supporting customers in a variety of different ways, including being a:
• Personal Shopper
• Fitness Instructor
• Finance Assistant
• Arts & Crafts assistant
• ..and so on!
We are currently seeking Support Workers on a casual basis who can offer their valuable time to support our customers lead the life they choose. We are looking for people with a positive attitude who can build positive relationships with our customers who have a variety of support requirements.
No two days are the same, but every day counts.
What skills do we need?
• Engaging, trustworthy and empathetic
• Flexible and adaptable to support our customers needs and lifestyles
• A good role model to our customers and colleagues
• An excellent communicator
• A great relationship builder
• Ability to support dignified personal care
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff. Full training will be provided to all.
We have several exciting opportunities throughout Suffolk:
• Bury St. Edmunds
• Lowestoft, Saxmundham and surrounding areas
Shifts are variable and could include working day-time, evenings, waking nights and weekends. As a bank/casual worker, you can choose the available hours to suit you
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact:
Stowmarket – 01449 745 970
Bury Independence Plus – 01284 718 741
Lowestoft/Saxmundham – 01502 512 937
We also have a number of vacancies for contracted hours – please take a look at our current vacancies page on our website for further information.
Further information can be found:
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template