Bank Domestic Assistant
Three Arches Care Ltd
Three Arches Care Ltd
Closing - 30 Jul 2021
Position: Bank Domestic Assistant
Location: Stowmarket, Westhorpe.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at Westhorpe Hall set in the heart of the Suffolk countryside providing a home from home care to our residents.
Westhorpe Hall is a registered Residential Home specialising in Dementia Care. We are a 21-bed home, all with varying clinical, physical needs.
Here at Westhorpe Hall we provide support for older people, we provide more than just somewhere to live; we provide a caring home environment with activities and support.
• Salary £8.93 per hour
• Nest Pension Scheme
• Full induction & on-going fully certificated training to support your development
• We promote recognized qualifications in care and encourage learning
• Perk Box subscription offering discounts on everyday shopping & free wellbeing service
• Company progression opportunities- over 80% promotion within services
• Company awards yearly recognising progression and service
• Uniform provided
In your role as a Domestic Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring a clean safe environment is provided for our residents, visitors and staff. You will be an important part of the team that ensures residents in our care feel valued as individuals.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To support the delivery of care by ensuring that the daily cleaning duties are carried out in a sensitive way in the resident’s rooms, and to a high standard.
• To assist as required with other general cleaning duties in the home.
• Carrying out all cleaning duties to a high standard, that meets the expectations of the residents and management.
• Duties include but are not limited to mopping, vacuuming, high and low level dusting and using a variety of both manual and electrical equipment.
• Respecting at all times the privacy of residents in their rooms and their property.
• Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
• Develop good relationships with residents, relatives and visitors to the home.
• Bed making, ensuring vacant rooms are prepared for viewing and admissions, laying and clearing of tables for meals services, caring for plants and flowers around the home, ensuring the home looks presentable at all times for visitors/inspectors.
• We expect the post holders to be flexible to cover for annual leave, sickness on an adhoc basis.
• It is important that you are a good team player and enjoy helping people, have the ability to work on own initiative and the ability to work under pressure with effective organisational and communication skills.
If this sounds like a job for you, contact the recruitment team for more information.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template