Care Assistant Days
20000 - 25000
Closing - 01 Sep 2022
Full time/Part time/Multiple Hour contracts available per week
(0 – 44 hours)
Are you looking for a role where you feel you have made a difference at the end of each working day? Do you want to join a people focused organisation that values and listens to their employees?
Cromwell House in Norwich are recruiting for care assistants to join the friendly team.
About the role:
As a Care Assistant at MHA you will provide the highest quality of care to our residents enabling them to live later life well. Duties will be varied and include supporting our residents with personal care needs and helping them to take part in a wide range of activities that support their health and wellbeing. Every day will be different and you’ll have the opportunity to use your people skills to make a real difference.
The right values, attitude and behaviours are more important than your previous career background. Therefore whilst previous care experience is desirable it is not essential and we’ll provide all the training and support you need to thrive. You don’t need any qualifications to get started as a Care Assistant.
You will have a kind, warm and caring nature and be able to work well as part of a team but also use your own initiative. Patience, communication and listening skills are equally important. So, if you have the ability to change someone’s mood, lift spirits and truly care for those around you, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be joining an organisation with strong values, a highly supportive culture and a commitment to the safety and wellbeing of employees.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a lot more:
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and an option to buy annual leave.
- Life assurance.
- A discount scheme which includes savings with retail stores and online purchases.
- Access to a number of nationally recognised training courses and qualifications.
- Genuine career progression and development opportunities.
- Employee assistance programme including free counselling and legal advice.
- Access to chaplaincy and pastoral support.
- Access to wellbeing resources.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Family friendly policies.
- Long service awards.
- Free uniform and DBS check.
- Cycle2Work salary sacrifice scheme.
- Healthcare scheme at competitive rates.
MHA is the UK’s largest charity care provider and our mission is to ‘enable people to live later life well’. Through 90 specialist care homes, 70 thriving retirement living schemes and 62 vibrant community services and befriending, we inspire the best care and wellbeing at every stage of later life.
About the home:
Just a short walk from the center of Norwich, Cromwell House opened in 1969 and was MHA’s first, purpose-built care home in the city.
Cromwell House has undergone major refurbishment work – it is now fresh, modern and suited to the needs of older people.
All of the resident’s rooms comprise en-suite facilities whilst the dining room has been refreshed to enable residents to enjoy a much more attractive dining experience.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template