Care Home Administrator
Brampton Manor Care Home
25000 - 30000
Brampton Manor Care Home
Closing - 15 Jan 2021
Care Home Administrator – Job Specification
Boutique Care Homes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
JOB TITLE: Care Home Administrator
LOCATION: Brampton Manor, Fordham Road, Newmarket, CB8 7AQ
REPORTS TO: Home Manager
HOURS: 40 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday.
Some flexibility may be required to meet the needs of the business including weekend cover.
About the Role:
Brampton Manor Care Home, located in Newmarket is a brand-new care home due to open in 2021 delivering compassionate residential, dementia, nursing and respite care in a high-quality and luxurious environment! We are currently seeking enthusiastic, yet empathetic individuals to join our team.
As Care Home Administrator, you will support the care home by providing a positive and welcoming image as the first point of contact, whether in person or by telephone, promoting the Home to prospective new residents and their families, and dealing with all administrative functions to support the Care Home Manager in the smooth running of the home.
To join us as Administrator, it is essential that you have Administration / Office Management experience, preferably in the care sector. Alongside your experience, you must be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, building and developing strong professional relationships with your key stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
• Collection of data to enable invoicing to be carried out by Head Office. Checking invoices received from Head Office and distributing as necessary.
• Collect and record fee income. Advising new residents on the process of fee payments.
• To oversee the administration team, including rotas.
• Assist individual residents with financial arrangements, including the safe custody of money and valuables, including the distribution of personal funds.
• Maintain petty cash, recording all disbursements and action reclaims to maintain the float.
• Collating payroll (hours worked, sickness, holidays, starters and leavers) and management information completing weekly/monthly returns, submitting to Head Office to meet deadlines.
• Place purchase orders with approved suppliers, complying with procedures, to maintain appropriate stock levels and controls and ensure expenditure is contained within agreed budget limits.
• Provide clerical support for the home as appropriate, including diary management, word processing, photocopying, filing and maintaining personal records.
• Providing a focal point for visitors and telephone enquirers, promoting a positive image and customer service approach.
About the company:
Boutique Care Homes aspires to be the best-in-class care homes offering residents and their family’s modern facilities, akin to a 5-star hotel environment with experienced and dedicated teams who will provide the best in care, wellbeing, activities and fine cuisine, with the emphasis being on enjoying life.
The design of our homes and our carefully selected and highly trained staff when combined with our individualised approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life.
Boutique Care Homes are always seeking high quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.
Our ethos is to deliver a high standard of care and living, and is rooted in our underpinning values of compassion, respect, teamwork and integrity.
Compassion – We choose our staff for their warmth and compassion and their genuine desire to care. Being empathetic, understanding each person’s individual needs, desires and aspirations.
Respect – Mutual respect and appreciation of different experiences that we all contribute. We respect that we are all individual and we treat each other equally and with dignity, bringing family values to our community.
Teamwork – We work better together to ensure that all of our individual aspirations are achieved.
Integrity – We approach every interaction with the best intentions to preserve the integrity of residents, staff and Boutique Care Homes.
When joining Boutique Care Homes, we will offer you:
• A happy, fun and productive working environment
• Competitive pay rates, but most importantly we support our people
• 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum (pro rata) (including public holidays)
• Regular coaching and training to support you to develop in your role
• Career progression opportunities
• Free uniform (where applicable)
• Workplace Pension
• Free staff lunches, including Hot Meals
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template