10000 - 15000
Closing - 08 Oct 2021
Job Role: Care Worker
Location: Addocare Scole, South Norfolk
Hours: Full time
Hourly Rate: £9.50 – £12.00 per hour
A full, clean driving license is required for this position
At Addocare Scole, we provide quality care in our Service Users’ homes. Our unique approach to listening, understanding and providing care for vulnerable people enables us to give the personal attention and service that is as unique as the Service User wants it to be.
Our services are built around our core values:
• Listening, understanding and acting on our Service Users’ needs
• Mutual trust and respect
• Community involvement
• Passionate commitment to quality in care
A Care Worker helps vulnerable people live as comfortably as possible. Their primary duties include assisting Service Users with grooming and personal hygiene, preparing meals and providing emotional support.
Specific duties ensure that Service Users are at the heart of care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their wellbeing.
Daily duties may include:
• Assisting the Service User with bathing, grooming and getting dressed
• Handling household tasks like grocery shopping and laundry
• Preparing and serving meals at the appropriate time
• Administering oral and topical medication under the supervision of medical personnel
• Providing mental and emotional support
• Making recommendations to family members and healthcare personnel on the plan of care
• Organising suitable recreational activities for the Service User
• Collaborating with other health care and social care professionals to provide the best possible care
• Completing the documentation required to record the delivery of care.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Ensuring Care Plans and other information about how to support Service Users are followed
• Informing the Care Co-ordinators of any changes in the needs of Service Users
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals that they support
• Attending statutory training and any other training as directed by management
• Understanding and following all policies and procedures relevant to the role
• Speaking up when things go wrong
• Striving for quality in everything we do, recognising and understanding what quality in care means for people using the services
• Showing compassion, and treating people with kindness.
If you are looking for a fulfilling, worthwhile role in a small, family-run business, have a full, clean driving license, and are local to the Diss area, then we would love to hear from you.
Salary between £9.50 and £12.00 per hour, with travel time paid at hourly rate and mileage paid at 35p per mile.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template