Cook / Kitchen Hand
Three Arches Care Ltd
Three Arches Care Ltd
Closing - 30 Jul 2021
Position: Cook / Kitchen Hand
Responsible to: Home Manager / Kitchen Manager
Location: Westhorpe, Stowmarket
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at Westhorpe Hall set in the heart of the Suffolk countryside providing a home from home care to our residents.
Westhorpe Hall is a registered Residential Home specialising in Dementia Care. We are a 21-bed home, all with varying clinical, physical needs.
• Salary £8.93
• Nest Pension Scheme
• Full induction & on-going fully certificated training to support CPD
• QCF’s Highly Supported
• Perk Box subscription offering discounts & wellbeing service
• Company progression opportunities
• Company awards yearly
• Uniform provided
Responsibilities of a Cook
• To cook meals for the elderly daily
• Follow a set menu to provide a nutritious well-balanced weekly menu taking into account all dietary needs
• To be responsible for carrying out and recording all health and safety checks in the kitchen including fridge, freezer and food temperatures.
• Clean the kitchen following the agreed schedule
• To follow all health and safety and environmental health regulations reporting to the manager any necessary action required
• Ensure the kitchen and equipment are clean and safe and standards of hygiene are high
• Complete the weekly shopping list
• To keep accurate records
• Any other duties, which may be reasonably required of you, as identified by the Residential Manager
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of residents you come into contact with.
• A knowledge and understanding of health and safety
• A knowledge and understanding of infection control.
• A knowledge and understanding of healthy eating
• Experience of working to Health and Safety regulations
• Experience of working to COSHH regulations
• Experience of providing healthy, well balanced nutritious meals
• Some previous cooking experience in a commercial kitchen
If this sounds like a job for you, contact the recruitment team for more information.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template