Boutique Care Homes
40000 - 45000
Boutique Care Homes
Closing - 15 Jan 2021
Job Specification – Deputy Manager
Boutique Care Homes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.
Brampton Manor, Fordham Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 7AQ
40 hours per week, to be worked on a rota basis Monday – Sunday.
Some flexibility may be required to meet the needs of the business.
On Call duties on a rota basis.
09.00am – 17.00pm Monday – Friday, with weekend and on call cover on a rota basis
About the Role:
Brampton Manor Care Home, located in Newmarket is currently seeking enthusiastic and empathetic team players to join our team. Brampton Manor is a newly built care home due to open in May 2021 to deliver compassionate residential, dementia and respite care in a high-quality and luxurious environment.
As the Deputy Manager, you will provide proactive support to the Home Manager across all aspects of Home Management, providing a safe, caring, stimulating and homely environment for residents and their visitors.
For this position, it is required for you to be a Registered Nurse, alongside demonstrative experience of leading and managing teams within care homes.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
• Be responsible for monitoring standards of care delivered by qualified and unqualified care staff by observation and direct involvement, ensuring that all residents receive quality individualised care and that care plans are fully maintained.
• Supporting the Home Manager in the implementation of all policies, procedures and business objectives.
• Preparing the staff duty rota to ensure appropriate staffing levels and skill mix at all times.
• Instructing staff in safe systems of work, fire safety and evacuation procedures, and induction of new staff.
• Be responsible for monitoring the state of wellbeing of each resident, being aware of any change impacting on care and care plans, updating to reflect new needs.
• Acting as a focal point for contact with residents, their relatives and visitors, as well as health and social care professionals involved in their wellbeing, acting upon requests and ensuring concerns or complaints are dealt with appropriately.
• Liaising with the Home Manager across the range of operational activity to be able to assume responsibility for managing the Home during the manager’s scheduled and unscheduled absences, including marketing of the Home to existing and potential residents and relatives.
About the company:
Boutique Care Homes aspire to be the best-in-class care homes offering residents and their family’s modern facilities, akin to a 5-star hotel environment with experienced and dedicated teams who will provide the best in care, wellbeing, activities and fine cuisine, with the emphasis being on enjoying life.
The design of our homes and our carefully selected and highly trained staff when combined with our individualised approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life.
Boutique Care Homes are always seeking high quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.
Our ethos is to deliver a high standard of care and living, and is rooted in our underpinning values of compassion, respect, teamwork and integrity.
Compassion – We choose our staff for their warmth and compassion and their genuine desire to care. Being empathetic, understanding each person’s individual needs, desires and aspirations.
Respect – Mutual respect and appreciation of different experiences that we all contribute. We respect that we are all individual and we treat each other equally and with dignity, bringing family values to our community.
Teamwork – We work better together to ensure that all of our individual aspirations are achieved.
Integrity – We approach every interaction with the best intentions to preserve the integrity of residents, staff and Boutique Care Homes.
When joining Boutique Care Homes, we will offer you:
• A happy, fun and productive working environment
• Competitive pay rates, but most importantly we support our people
• Higher Carer to Resident ratios than most other care homes
• 5.6 weeks annual holiday per annum (pro rata) (including public holidays)
• Regular coaching and training to support you to develop in your role
• Career progression opportunities
• Free uniform (where applicable)
• Workplace Pension
• Free staff lunches, including Hot Meals, Fruit and filtered water
• Comfortable Staff Rooms
• Employee assistance programme, offering a wide range of confidential health and wellbeing services to team members including telephone counselling, face to face counselling, legal advice and financial advice. These services can be accessed free of charge 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template