Night Care Assistant
Orwell Housing Association
15000 - 20000
Orwell Housing Association
Closing - 30 Apr 2021
Are you someone who has cared for a loved one or friend and feel that you have more to give?
Do you love being on the go, love a bit of variety and would like to help people who have changing needs to remain as independent as possible in their own homes?
We are looking for a Night Care Assistant who understands it’s the little things that can make the biggest difference – making a difference together is at the heart of what we do.
As an Orwell Care Assistant, you’ll play a vital role in the lives of our customers, giving them the choice to stay in the comfort of their own homes and supporting them with everything they need to do to live well. You will work mostly alone in someone’s home but will be part of a care team for the benefit and wellbeing of all the tenants who live at the service. No two days will be the same and you will receive the learning and development you need to thrive in Orwell.
In caring for our customers, your main duties will include:
– night security checks across the whole building
– personal care
– medication administration
– supporting people through temporary or terminal illness
– helping with eating and drinking
– light domestic duties such as bed making
– support with social, physical activities and mental stimulation such as hobbies and recreation
All our customers ask of you is that you have the time to listen, you respect them, and you are understanding and patient.
– you are a great listener with a caring and supportive attitude
– you want to make a difference every day
– you focus on the individual and not the routine
– you are warm and friendly and have a natural caring nature, great sense of humour and a positive energy that brings a smile to people’s faces
What’s in it for you?
– 22 days Annual Leave per year, plus Bank Holidays (pro rata, increasing with length of service)
– pay rise on completion of probation period
– referral and bonus scheme
– the opportunity to be a part of something truly special
– great training programme
– work with a silver accredited Investors in People and Best Companies listed organisation
If supporting and caring is for you, making a difference for others is what we do.
For further information on our services please visit our website: www.orwell-housing.co.uk
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Interviews: available immediately
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks and will be required to be worn at all times in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template