Bury St Edmunds
25000 - 30000
Closing - 13 Jun 2021
Job Title: Service Manager (4x posts available)
Location: Various, across Suffolk
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000
Leading Lives provides high quality social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community.
We are a leading social enterprise that is highly regarded by our customers for providing social care support with a difference. We exist to support people with social care needs to lead the life they choose.
Following a recent successful restructure, we have created 5 new business lines within the organisation:
• Daytime Offer
• Independence Plus Offer
• Professional Service Offer
• Short Break Offer
• Supporting People to Live at Home Offer
Within this new structure, we can better respond to changing demands from customers, and co-ordinate and target our approach to ensure we deliver our support and services as effectively as our customers deserve.
We are therefore delighted to announce we have a number of exciting new opportunities within Leading Lives management structure. We are looking for Service Managers to lead their team to deliver the exceptional service for our customers.
Our current vacancies:
Business Line Location Hours per week
Daytime Offer Lowestoft 37 hours
Stowmarket 37 hours
Short Break Offer Central/West Suffolk 37 hours
Supporting People to Live at Home West Suffolk 25.5 hours
For an informal discussion about the business lines and the role, please contact the recruitment team on 01473 406 776.
• An opportunity to really make a difference
• Award-winning comprehensive and bespoke training
• An opportunity to gain a recognised and well-valued Health & Social Care qualification
• Holiday package, increasing with service
• Competitive salary
Working closely with the Director of Operations and other Service Managers, your role will be to deliver services across the service line and to undertake specific management and supervisory responsibilities. In the Short Break and Supporting People to Live at Home Service Manager roles you’ll be the CQC-registered manager and ensure we deliver a high-quality service that meets all regulatory requirements.
• Manage and support the team
• Deliver strategic initiatives, working in partnership with colleagues internally and externally and report on outcomes
• Work closely with the team to ensure all services respond to and improve on recommendations
• Contribute to new staff inductions, supervisions and RTW interviews
• Conduct appraisals for your direct reports
• Work closely with HR to manage capability, conduct, and absence issues
• Conduct service visits to ensure the wellbeing of customers and staff team
• Identify and plan training needs, working closely with the Learning & Development team to improve and develop new training that promotes the development of services
• Work with the Quality Assurance Auditor to ensure services remain up to standard and action improvements
• Lead and implement new methods of practice and support Team Supervisors with mentoring of teams to improve practice
• Oversee the implementation of strategies and approaches that are appropriate and effective for the customers within the services
• Promote the company aims and vision throughout all aspects of practice
This list is not definitive. Please see the role profile for further details.
Everyday is different
At Leading Lives, we are caring and passionate and know that there’s no better feeling than seeing the difference each of our jobs make to other people’s lives.
We are looking for a positive and motivated Service Manager who will role model our key values and ensure the service continues to run smoothly and efficiently.
Working in social care, we know that no two days are the same, but every day counts.
What you need:
• We are looking for someone with a track record of management experience at a senior level
• Proven effective leadership skills and experience, or formal qualification in leadership
• You’ll have earned your RQF Level 5 Award in Social Care (or equivalent qualification) or be willing to achieve this within 24 months of joining the organisation.
• Good practical knowledge of relevant human resource, health and safety and social care legislation
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Presentation, analysis and report-writing skills
• Experience working with people with learning disabilities
• IT literate
• Proven experience in delivering results and effective decision making
• Ability to travel to different locations within the service (Suffolk)
Making the Leading Lives Difference
Our company values are at the heart of everything we do, and we are looking for candidates who share these core values.
• We think ahead, adapt, flex and focus to remain the front-runner and make the Leading Lives difference
• We value our relationships and collective strength so we can make the Leading Lives difference
• We grow ourselves to grow others to make the Leading Lives difference
To apply visit our website leadinglives.org.uk/current-vacancies/
Please note due to the nature of this role, all new appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS with Children and Vulnerable Adults’ Barred List checks, along with all other pre-employment checks in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template