Bury St Edmunds
15000 - 20000
Closing - 30 Apr 2021
Train to become a Key Worker
Trainee and experienced Support Worker wanted
Why join us?
· Flexible hours of work
· An opportunity to make a difference
· Support our customers to lead the life they choose
· Valuable experience in social care
· Award-winning training delivered by our very own experts
· Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
· Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community. We support our customers to lead the life they choose, tailoring our services to meet their individual needs.
It is now more essential than ever we ensure our customers are fully supported during the COVID-19 pandemic. Support Workers at Leading Lives are Key Workers doing all they can to continue the valued support our customers deserve. We are seeking Support Workers who can offer their valuable time to support our customers lead the life they choose.
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Salary: £8.72 per hour (+up to 8% employer’s pension contribution)
Hours: Permanent, various hours available, between 20-32 hours per week
We are looking for a friendly, caring and reliable Support Workers to join our team working across our 7 supported housing scheme' Bury St Edmunds. We are looking for people with a positive attitude who can build positive relationships with our customers who have a variety of support requirements.
Our services support our customers to live independently in their own home and participate in activities and things they want to do. We provide high quality, bespoke support built around the needs of each individual.
Bury Supported Housing, Bury St Edmunds:
There are 7 house ranging from 1-4 tenants in each property. The properties are based around Bury St Edmunds, some in the town centre itself others on the outskirts of town.
To read more about the services we offer our customers, please visit our website:
What skills do we need?
· Engaging, trustworthy and empathetic
· Flexible and adaptable to support our customers needs and lifestyles
· A good role model to our customers and colleagues
· An excellent communicator
· A great relationship builder
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
· Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
· Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
· Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
· Maintain dignity and respect at all times
· Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
· Liaise effectively with families and carers
· Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Shifts are variable and will include:
· Day working
· Sleep-in Shifts
Ideally you will have a full, clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle, as per service needs.
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact 01284 765 046.
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do with customers, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Reference ID: VA15
Part-time hours: 20-32 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template