Bury St Edmunds
15000 - 20000
Closing - 30 Apr 2021
Support Worker, Bury St Edmunds
£8.72 per hour (+up to 8% employer’s pension contribution)
Permanent, part-time, 22 hours per week
Are you passionate about ensuring the best opportunities for vulnerable adults? Do you want to work for an award-winning social care company? Do you have the skills to support our customers to lead an independent life?
· Competitive salary and pension scheme, matching up to 8% of contributions
· Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
· Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
· Comprehensive and bespoke training, including full induction
· Opportunities to complete a Care Certificate, QCF and develop your career through our Career Pathway
· Flexible working opportunities
· Occupational sick pay
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, owned by our employees. Any surplus we make is reinvested back into services for our customers or into the local community.
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker within our Supported Living service in the Bury St Edmunds area.
Who are we looking for?
You will be supporting a young man with cerebral palsy to access his local community, to undertake personal care, cooking and support him when accessing hydrotherapy sessions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and professional person to join our fantastic team of Support Workers at Leading Lives. Our customer is ideally seeking a keen walker with a positive and upbeat attitude, with patience and understanding towards his individual needs, and with exceptional time-keeping.
Hours are varied and could include:
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
· Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
· Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
· Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
· Maintain dignity and respect at all times
· Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
· Liaise effectively with families and carers
· Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
· You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
· You will build relationships both internally and externally
· This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and others to ensure we make the Leading Lives difference
If you would like to discuss the opportunity of working as part of our friendly team, please contact us on 01284 719614 for further details or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview.
Ideally we are looking for applicants with a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle, as per service needs.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Reference ID: VA16
Part-time hours: 22 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £8.72 per hour
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template