Orwell Housing Association LTD
15000 - 20000
Orwell Housing Association LTD
Closing - 07 Jun 2021
Supporting and caring is at the heart of what we do, and we are delighted to be recruiting for Support Workers at Idaway, in East Bergholt. We are currently recruiting for various hours at Idaway, so why not apply today?
We are looking for enthusiastic and person-centred Support Workers to join our wonderful Learning Disabilities team.
This role is key to ensuring our tenants are supported with individualised, flexible and responsive support. Working closely with Service Managers and other team members, you will ensure an excellent service is delivered.
Your responsibilities will include:
– supporting tenants with everyday domestic and leisure activities
– providing personal care
– administration and storage of medication
– You are enthusiastic, approachable, caring and patient
– you have the tenacity to drive improvement and change
– you thrive on engaging with people
– you are enthusiastic about helping people lead happy and fulfilling lives
– you have experience or are interested in learning to work in a supported living environment
– you are eager to develop and progress through a well-supported training programme
Due to the location of this service, it is referred that people apply have a Full UK Driving License.
Our tenants’ ideal candidates will:
– see the person rather than the task
– have the ability to communicate and engage with them
– be passionate about making a difference in their lives
– have energy, humour and be fun to be with
– embrace and support people’s individualities
If you have the passion to deliver first rate care and support and the drive to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
Why choose us?
We are an organisation committed to making a difference to local people. Caring for and supporting people has become central to what we do. Orwell lives by its values – we understand it’s the little things that can make the biggest difference and making a difference together is at the heart of what we do.
As part of our benefits package you can enjoy:
– 22 – 26 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
– reward and recognition awards
– Introduce Someone You Know bonus scheme
– free DBS checks
– free Hepatitis vaccination
– free Flu vaccination
– wellbeing promise
– flexible working pattern
– opportunity to work towards a QCF in Health and Social Care
– work for a Silver Standard Investors in People and Sunday Times Top 100 Employer
What our people say about us…
“It’s such a rewarding job and I love making a difference”
– Beth, Support Worker – Balfour House
“I’m so supported by Orwell”
– Amy, Support Worker – Balfour House
“My job is interesting and sometimes challenging, but I love it!”
– Sue, Support Worker – Idaway
“There are so many great opportunities working for Orwell”
– Natalie, Support Worker – Fitzwilliam Close/Balfour House
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
Interview Date: available immediately
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks which are always required to be worn in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template