15000 - 20000
Closing - 30 Sep 2021
Support Worker, Lowestoft
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £9.15 per year
Are you passionate about ensuring the best opportunities for vulnerable adults? Do you want to work for an award-winning social care company? Do you have the skills to support our customers to lead an independent life?
· Competitive salary and pension scheme, matching up to 8% of contributions
· Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
· Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
· Comprehensive and bespoke training, including full induction
· Opportunities to complete a Care Certificate, QCF and develop your career through our Career Pathway
· Flexible working opportunities
· Occupational sick pay
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, owned by our employees. Any surplus we make is reinvested back into services for our customers or into the local community.
John Turner House, Lowestoft
Our short break services offers a home from home for our customers, allowing for a well-deserved break for them and for their families.
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker within our Short Break Service in the Lowestoft area.
Are you upbeat, creative, and able to work under pressure in an everchanging service?
We are looking for the ideal candidate who can offer bespoke support to an existing Short Break service in Lowestoft. You must be dynamic, enthusiastic and have good planning skills for activities to offer our customers?
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
· Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
· Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
· Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
· Maintain dignity and respect at all times
· Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
· Liaise effectively with families and carers
· Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
· You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
· You will build relationships both internally and externally
· This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and others to ensure we make the Leading Lives difference
If you would like to discuss the opportunity of working as part of our friendly team, please contact Donna or Jess on 01502 580844 for further details or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Reference ID: VA49
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template