15000 - 20000
Closing - 30 Sep 2021
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Sudbury, Suffolk
Salary: £9.15 per hour (+up to 8% employer’s pension contribution)
Job Type: Permanent, part-time, 30 hours per week
Are you passionate about ensuring the best opportunities for vulnerable adults? Do you want to work for an award-winning social care company? Do you have the skills to support our customers to lead an independent life?
• Competitive salary and pension scheme, matching up to 8% of contributions
• Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
• Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
• Comprehensive and bespoke training, including full induction
• Opportunities to complete a Care Certificate, QCF and develop your career through our Career Pathway
• Mileage and training mileage paid
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, owned by our employees. Any surplus we make is reinvested back into services for our customers or into the local community.
Supported Independence Service, South East
We support our customers to live independently and do the things they want to do in the home and in the community. We offer a bespoke package of personal assistant and domiciliary support in Suffolk.
All our care is personalised and built around the needs of the individual, ranging from a few hours a week to more intensive support.
Find out more about the service and the fantastic activities we have supported here: https://leadinglives.org.uk/independence-plus/
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker within our Independence Plus service in the Sudbury area.
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
• Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
• Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
• Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
• Maintain dignity and respect at all times
• Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
• Liaise effectively with families and carers
• Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Due to the nature of the role and service requirements, candidates must have a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
• You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
• You will build relationships both internally and externally
• This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and others to ensure we make the Leading Lives difference
If you would like to discuss the opportunity of working as part of our friendly team, please contact Bex on 07809 312 999 for further details or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template