15000 - 20000
Closing - 16 Oct 2021
Job Role: Support Worker
Location: Sudbury Suffolk
Hours: Permanent, part-time, 30-37 hours per week
Salary: £9.15 per hour (+enhancements for Sundays (£10.98 per hour) and Bank Holidays (£11.44 per hour)
Leading Lives provides high quality social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism, and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community.
We are a leading social enterprise that is highly regarded by our customers for providing social care support with a difference. We exist to support people with social care needs to lead the life they choose.
· An opportunity to really make a difference
· Award-winning comprehensive and bespoke training
· An opportunity to gain a recognised and well-valued Health & Social Care qualification
· Holiday package, increasing with service
· Competitive salary
· Opportunity to become a shareholder member of our employee owned social enterprise – our members are often awarded annually with vouchers!
Support to Live at Home Service, Hadleigh
We support people to lead the life they choose and pride ourselves on delivering flexible support tailored to the specific needs of the individual. We encourage and support our customers to lead as independent a life as they are able, promoting decision-making and positive risk taking to enhance our customers quality of life and personal fulfilment, no matter what the nature of their disability might be.
Find out more about the service and the fantastic activities we have supported HERE
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker within our Support to Live at Home in the Sudbury area.
We are looking for motivated, friendly and enthusiastic employees who are committed to supporting our customers to lead the life they choose. This is a fantastic and rewarding opportunity to promote the independence within their homes and in the community. Staff will support to develop daily living tasks and to attend leisure/ social activities. Staff will be supporting our customers to develop their skills and offering new opportunities.
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
· Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
· Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
· Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
· Maintain dignity and respect at all times
· Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
· Liaise effectively with families and carers
· Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
· You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
· You will build relationships both internally and externally
· This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and others to ensure we make the Leading Lives difference
If you would like to discuss the opportunity of working as part of our friendly team, please contact us on 01787 370 880 for further details or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview.
Ideally we are looking for applicants with a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle, as per service needs.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template