15000 - 20000
Closing - 22 Oct 2021
Job Role: Support Worker
Location: Northeast Suffolk (Lowestoft and Beccles area)
Hourly Rate: £9.15 per hour (£10.98 for Sundays, £11.44 for Bank Holidays)
Hours: Permanent, part-time and full-time positions available: 2x 30 hours per week and 1x 25 hours per week
Are you passionate about ensuring the best opportunities for vulnerable adults? Do you want to work for an award-winning social care company? Do you have the skills to support our customers to lead an independent life?
· An opportunity to really make a difference
· Award-winning comprehensive and bespoke training
· An opportunity to gain a recognised and well-valued Health & Social Care qualification
· Holiday package, increasing with service
· Competitive salary
· Opportunity to become a shareholder member of our employee owned social enterprise – our members are often awarded annually with vouchers!
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, owned by our employees. Any surplus we make is reinvested back into services for our customers or into the local community.
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker within our support to live at home service in the Lowestoft and Beccles area.
This service is to support a gentleman with many interests, who loves to talk and share his passions. He has ups and downs with his mental health and would like to have people who support him who can help him through the down times and to enjoy the good times.
Our customer would like a support worker who has a positive outlook and interested in trying new things. His interests include 70’s and 80’s music, science, politics and gardening, but also has a curious mind to learn about new things.
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
· Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
· Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
· Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
· Always maintain dignity and respect
· Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
· Liaise effectively with families and carers
· Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
· You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
· You will build relationships both internally and externally
· This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and others to ensure we make the Leading Lives difference
If you would like to discuss the opportunity of working as part of our friendly team, please contact us on 01502 446682 for further details or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview.
To apply for the role, please visit our online application form: https://leadinglives.org.uk/apply-online/
Due to the nature of the role and the support required, we are looking for applicants with a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle, as per service needs.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template