Support Worker – Orwell Mencap Genesis Felixstowe
Genesis Orwell Mencap
15000 - 20000
Genesis Orwell Mencap
Closing - 20 Dec 2021
Are you looking for an interesting and varied job where every working day you have the chance to make a difference to a vulnerable person’s life? Are you a people person who can see what others can do rather than what they can’t? Then you could be the person we are looking for.
Orwell Mencap is looking for full time, part time and relief support workers to help us support our customers at a supported living service, for three adults with learning disabilities, in Felixstowe.
The role includes:
• Supporting individuals to enjoy life in their local community
• Supporting daily living skills by helping with the upkeep of the home, preparing meals, shopping and domestic duties
• Providing dignified, personal care and to support our customers that use wheelchairs.
• Flexible shift patterns available including early, late, sleep-in or awake nights, weekend and bank holiday shifts
• Working alone and as part of a team.
Our support workers must be patient and versatile and be willing to support our customers in all their chosen activities. We believe that life skills are a sound foundation for this role but fully paid training will be provided to assist staff to carry out the role efficiently and effectively.
Benefits of working for Orwell Mencap include: an immense sense of job satisfaction,
1. higher pay for bank holiday, evening and weekend work
2. paid annual leave of 28 days rising up to 33 days for full time staff (including bank holidays & depending on hours worked and length of service)
3. company sick pay scheme.
4. fully paid training, including the Care certificate, and the opportunity to gain level 2 & 3 qualifications in Health & Social Care
5. staff discounts of up to 30% on items sold by our social enterprises.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
A full job description and application pack are available from Orwell Mencap Genesis, 6 Wright Rd, Ipswich IP3 9JG or firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: 01473 723888.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template