Support Worker Female Weekend – Lowestoft (Bank – 2764)
15000 - 20000
Closing - 01 Mar 2022
Doing Amazing Things Together
An opportunity has arisen for a female weekend support worker to join the core team at Affinity Trust to support a lady who has cerebral palsy.
The lady has full capacity and is able to do most things independently, but needs support with some tasks that are more challenging for her.
The ideal candidate will be a driver with a full UK drivers license as she enjoys going out in her car for days out and to attend appointments.
We’re looking for people who are reliable, understanding and compassionate, good listener and patient, be respectful and have a good sense of humour.
The lady has a routine in place which is important and does need to be followed exactly. Upon successful application shadow shifts and full training will be provided for you to learn the important things.
The lady will also be a part of interviewing to give you both the opportunity to meet each other before hand.
The person we support will be involved in interviews to give you the opportunity to meet
Affinity Trust is a charity organisation supporting people with learning disabilities to live in their own home and be part of their community.
Why Join Us?
Because the people we support are at the heart of everything we do, we truly value our incredible staff & are committed to ensure they are fully supported.
An Amazing Place to work
• This is the best job – You will not find a more interesting and rewarding job, you will be making a genuine difference to someone’s life
• Our values drive everything we do
• You will get the opportunity to work with some great colleagues and work as “one team”
• You’ll have the opportunity to work flexibly with our range of shift types
• You will accrue annual leave (including bank holidays) based on the number of hours worked
• A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
• Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
• We will apply for and pay for an enhanced DBS for you
• Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
• Flexible working hours
Development & Your Career
• You will get a great Induction to your new team along with amazing training opportunities that include the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
• E-learning webinars
• Access to specialist care sector training, all fully paid for by us
• Loads of career progression opportunities
We Value you
• You are so important to us & we want you to really feel like part of the team – from day 1 you’ll have supportive management & a Buddy who will show you the ropes. You’ll also have full access to our online wellbeing centre
• We recognise our amazing staff in our 6 monthly Affinity Star Awards
• We hope you stay part of Affinity Trust & we celebrate that with Long Service Awards
• Your wellbeing & happiness will always be a priority, so you can access an excellent wellbeing programme, plus resources and a wellbeing champions network
• If all the above wasn’t enough you will receive ‘Thank You’ gift vouchers, be part of regular engagement surveys, attend regular forum meetings and can contribute to the staff newsletter, and to hear about the amazing work of your colleagues and the achievements of the people we support
Everyone is welcome
• We enjoy a diverse workforce and welcome applications from everyone
• We’re committed to being Disability Confident and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
• As part of our commitment we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Recruitment Team on 01844 267800 and we’ll get back to you
“Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010”
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template