Cephas Care Ltd
20000 - 25000
Cephas Care Ltd
Closing - 30 Jul 2021
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team, start your day knowing you will make a difference.
Cephas Care Ltd has been established since 1994, it started with the owners initially, supporting one person with three staff. Cephas Care Ltd has grown immensely over the years.
Within our Learning Disability Services we also have Supported Living Homes in Trimley, Great Blakenham, Claydon and Ipswich. We support customers 24/7 to live an independent life, we also have Community Support customers who we support to access the community such as swimming, shopping, and appointments.
• Salary £9.04 to £9.22
• Discounted childcare when using Alpha Nurseries Ltd
• Nest Pension Scheme
• Full induction & on-going fully certificated training to support your development
• We promote recognised qualifications in care and encourage learning
• Perk Box subscription offering discounts on everyday shopping & free wellbeing service
• Company progression opportunities- over 80% promotion within services
• Company awards yearly recognising progression and service
Role of a Support Worker
• To follow the principles of positive behavioural support work at all times.
• To actively encourage customer/s to work towards their goals, which will include acting as a key worker, developing person centred support plans with customer/s and identifying appropriate and meaningful activities both in the local and wider community and at the service for the customer/s to participate in.
• To monitor progress against support plans in conjunction with the customer/s, other team members and related professionals.
• To support customer/s to develop life skills including cooking, creative skills, art and music, budgeting, relaxation and sensory activities.
• To actively encourage and support customer/s to participate in planning and development of support provision.
• To encourage, assist or undertake where necessary, domestic duties and personal care with customers.
• To encourage and support visits from family members.
• To support customer/s to maintain links with their families and other social contacts.
• To accompany customer/s in the community on shopping and leisure activities etc.
• To encourage and assist customer/s to access educational, leisure, voluntary and employment opportunities and to develop their own support networks.
• To work with staff from other organisations or agencies to provide a consistent service to customer/s, this will include attending and contributing to meetings and reviews, liaising with multi-disciplinary teams and making sure that agreed plans and ways of working are implemented within the service.
If this sounds like a job for you, contact the recruitment team for more information.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template