15000 - 20000
Closing - 26 Nov 2021
Job Role: Team Leader, Social Care
Hours: Full-time, permanent, 37 hours per week
Salary: £19,240 starting salary
Leading Lives provides high quality social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community.
We are a leading social enterprise that is highly regarded by our customers for providing social care support with a difference. We exist to support people with social care needs to lead the life they choose.
• An opportunity to really make a difference
• Award-winning comprehensive and bespoke training
• An opportunity to gain a recognised and well-valued Health & Social Care qualification
• Holiday package, increasing with service
• Competitive salary
• Opportunity to become a shareholder member of our employee owned social enterprise – our members are often awarded annually with vouchers!
• £250 payment on completion of probation
Following a recent successful restructure, we have created 5 new business lines within the organisation:
• Daytime Offer
• Independence Plus Offer
• Professional Service Offer
• Short Break Offer
• Supporting People to Live at Home Offer
Within this new structure, we can better respond to changing demands from customers, and co-ordinate and target our approach to ensure we deliver our support and services as effectively as our customers deserve. We are looking for a Team Leader to undertake supervisory responsibilities within our Supported Independence service based in Saxmundham and surrounding areas.
You will act as a link between support staff and management and be the first point of contact for employees. You will role model, develop and embed positive culture and exceptional working practices to ensure consistent and efficient service our customers deserve.
• Act as a role model, with open, reassuring, positive and constructive feedback within the team
• Become a care ambassador and promote care as a career choice
• Act as a quality ambassador within the service to help drive culture change
• Promote dignity in care and support across the team
• Lead and support team members to perform the role safely and to the best of their ability
• Support Business Support to fill gaps in rota, backfill shifts
• Work shifts as part of the staff rota, be available out of hours to provide advice and support as required
• Work alongside new recruits throughout their probation period
• Carry out audits on finances/medication (where applicable)
• Seek feedback from customer about the support they are receiving
• Develop care plans and outline care and support individual service user needs
• Participate in/lead team meetings
• Support the Service Manager(s) to manage the workplace in line with standards and legislation
• Create and develop new opportunities in the service and community for people to access
This list is not definitive. Please see the attached role profile for further details.
Everyday is different
At Leading Lives, we are caring and passionate and know that there’s no better feeling than seeing the difference each of our jobs make to other people’s lives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, full-time Team Leader who will role model our key values and ensure the service continues to run smoothly and efficiently. You’ll act as a mentor for our front-line staff delivering a quality service to all.
Working in social care, we know that no two days are the same, but every day counts.
What you need:
• You’ll have earned your RQF Level 3 Award in Social Care (or equivalent qualification) or be willing to achieve this within 24 months of joining the organisation.
• Good literacy/numeracy for completing reports and maintaining records
• Effective communication skills across a range of contacts
• Substantial experience of working with people in a social care setting
• Awareness of relevant human resource, health and safety and social care legislation
• Practical experience of diversity, advocacy, person-centred approaches and confidentiality
• IT literate
• Approachable, dedicated and hardworking
• Ability to travel to different locations within the service (Suffolk)
Making the Leading Lives Difference
Our company values are at the heart of everything we do, and we are looking for candidates who share these core values.
• We think ahead, adapt, flex and focus to remain the front-runner and make the Leading Lives difference
• We value our relationships and collective strength so we can make the Leading Lives difference
• We grow ourselves to grow others to make the Leading Lives difference
Please note due to the nature of this role, all new appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS with Children and Vulnerable Adults’ Barred List checks, along with all other pre-employment checks in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Inneka on 01502 445 218.
Click HERE to apply via website
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template