20000 - 25000
Closing - 15 Nov 2020
Supported Living, Lowestoft
Hours: 30 per week
Starting hourly rate from £11.17 per hour
Actual starting salary £17,425
Do you want to work for a dynamic growing social enterprise, where your skills and values will be recognised and rewarded?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Team Manager to lead our team of Support Workers within our Supported Living Services in Lowestoft.
We offer Supported Living across Suffolk for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. Our services are tailored to meet the needs of the individual and give the freedom to live independently.
Typically, housing support is provided with a group of tenants living together but it is also available on an individual basis in a single occupancy property. Our goal is to foster independence and build confidence through supported living services for people with learning disabilities.
You will also have an opportunity to develop your skills and understanding by completing a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management.
Everyday is Different
At Leading Lives we are caring and passionate and know that there’s no better feeling than seeing the difference each of our jobs make to other people’s lives.
We are looking for a positive and motivated Team Manager who will role model our key values and ensure the service continues to run smoothly and efficiently. You’ll be an exceptional partnership worker, building key relationships with a variety of individuals, internal and external to the organisation.
Working in social care, we know that no two days are the same, but every day counts.
• Carrying out line management responsibilities
• Managing a registered service to the required CQC standard
• Contributing to the development of service offer
• Management of the Rota
• Recruitment of staff
• Quality checking of assessments and written evidence
• Meeting organisational and local authority reporting requirements
• Demonstrate leadership and a solution focused approach
• Build relationships and work alongside partner organisations
• Budget management and overseeing Payroll
• Promote the organisation’s Cooperative and social enterprise values
What you need to know:
• RQF Level 5 Award in Care or similar, with ability to achieve RQF Level 5 within 24 months of commencing post.
• Good literacy/numeracy for completing reports and maintaining records to the appropriate standard
• Effective communication skills across a range of contacts and staff teams – you will build relationships both internally and externally and across localities
• You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
• Substantial experience of working with people in a care setting, including risk assessment and provision of support to those with learning disabilities
• Awareness and understanding of relevant human resource, health and safety and social care legislation
This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and others and develop and improve the quality of our services for our customers.
Please see the attached job description for further information about the responsibilities of the role.
To apply of this role, it is essential that you have the experience necessary to demonstrate the skills and criteria within the job description. Candidates will also be qualified to QCF level 5 or be willing to work toward in the next 12 months.
For any queries, please contact Inneka Winser, Operations Manager on 07872699062.
Closing date: 15 November 2020
Interviews to be held on: 19 November 2020
All Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check with Barred Lists checks, and other pre-employment checks in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template