15000 - 20000
Closing - 23 Apr 2021
Enablement Practitioner, North Suffolk
22 hours per week, 1year fixed-term
Starting Salary £9.93 per hour
Leading Lives provides a range of social care and support across Suffolk to adults with learning disabilities. Our aim is to enable vulnerable people to live full, active lives in their own communities and supporting them to lead the life they choose.
Are you a support worker looking for your next step in a social care career, our Enablement Practitioners support individuals in their own homes/within the community to develop their skills and overcome challenges they may face in furthering their independence. This could be:
• Within the home – budgeting, managing and maintaining a tenancy.
• Within the Community – building networks, accessing and understanding universal services, explore local interests
You will promote personalisation, independence, well-being and choice by providing a Social Care Enablement service to individuals.
Manage an allocated caseload referred to us via a social work referral, tasks include:
• Skills Assessment and Skills Development – cooking, cleaning, laundry, relationships, health management
• Financial Support – budgeting plans, benefit application/appeals
• Housing Applications & housing options
• Support to understand relationships and parenting roles
• Confidence-building and experiential learning
• Travel and Community Access
• Attendance at Community Groups to inform choices
• Support at appointments and meetings
• Support to set up home
• You'll need to be confident to liaise effectively with families, paid carers, social workers and others who have an interest in the support provided to the individual.
You'll be efficient in following company Health and Safety policies and procedures including carrying out risk assessments and completing Incident reports as well as have a good ICT knowledge.
Please be aware this role currently requires homeworking as well as working in the community.
To apply for this role please complete an application form and email to recruitment@LeadingLives.org.uk
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Anna Photi 07879 602764
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template