Marketing & Events Administrator
Care Development East
10000 - 15000
Care Development East
Closing - 17 Jun 2021
Care Development East is dedicated to promoting excellence across the social care and health workforce in the east of England. We provide impartial advice, support, guidance and information to the sector operating as an independent, non-profit making organisation.
We work to:
• Support the sector to implement new competencies needed to comply with legislation
• Promote a positive local image of health and social care
• Seek and secure funding for the sector
• Raise the profile of the sector as a career of choice
• Assist care providers to develop a highly skilled, person-centred workforce
This role will support the promotion of our services including our events programme. We run a range of events and the post-holder will be responsible for co-ordinating these. The role also requires the maintenance of the Company’s communication channels including newsletters, social media and the updating of our website. We are looking for an individual who is well organised, has great communication skills and is an excellent team player
Main duties and responsibilities
• Providing a first point of contact either by telephone or in person and dealing with incoming post
• Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence
• Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations by redirecting or
taking forward such contact as appropriate.
• The use of MS Office software packages, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Setting up events using event management tools and co-ordinating registrations.
• Updating the website as and when required by team members.
• Issuing newsletters and updating social media channels.
• Setting up, reorganising and maintaining filing and information systems in conjunction with other team members
• Ensuring sufficient and timely supplies of stationery, photocopying materials and other office materials
• Collating information for forwarding to individuals, groups and mail outs
• Minute general meetings as required.
• Collating statistical information when required
• Arranging meetings – booking venues and organising refreshments as required
• Assist with organisation of the annual Suffolk Care Awards evening including applications, bookings, menu choices etc.
• To undertake any other duties and training as required in order to comply with organisational policies and procedures
Other job requirements
This role is predominantly office-based.
Special working conditions
• Occasional travel throughout the County (mileage paid at current Inland Revenue rate)
Initially this post is offered on a fixed term contract from the start date of the contract for 18 months as it is dependent on external funding sources which may or may not be extended.
22.5 hours per week
It is expected that the post holder would work between the core hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm 3 days per week. There is flexibility and exact working patterns can be agreed with the post holder upon appointment. The post is based at the Care Development East offices in Needham Market.
£22,950 (pro rata to £13,770 per annum)
Please send a covering letter outlining relevant knowledge and experience together with a copy of your CV to
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template