Cephas Care Ltd
20000 - 25000
Cephas Care Ltd
Closing - 30 Jul 2021
JOB TITLE: Property Maintenance for the Cephas/Alpha Group
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Property Services
The Property Maintenance will be responsible for performing multiple maintenance tasks within properties associated with the Cephas/Alpha Group, this will include residential settings, supported living projects and nursery settings. Our primary locations are in East Anglia. This role may at times, include overnight stays to be required depending on the area of work.
Cephas/Alpha Group will provide a van and tools to the person fulfilling this position, terms and conditions on the use of these items are set out within the staff contract.
Personal qualities the applicant can bring to this post are of the utmost importance. These will include patience, kindness, and understanding of the needs of the individual, the ability to tolerate others, and relate to both customers and staff.
In view of the vulnerable nature of the people we support, staff must be of the highest integrity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To undertake small building projects and provide general maintenance support within the properties associated with Cephas/Alpha Group
• To assist with the collection, delivery and removal of items as requested by the Property Manager
• To ensure all work allocated to you is completed within the timeframe set
• To be flexible and willing to work within the different locations of Cephas/Alpha group properties
• To attend all mandatory training
• To participate in staff meetings and training activities when required
• To comply with company regulations and government legislation
• To maintain and service tools and equipment and keep them to a high standard
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform as necessitated by the Property Manager to suit the needs of the business
• At lease Level 2 or equivalent in construction
• Full ‘clean’ driving licence
• Knowledgeable in Health & Safety
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Knowledge of basic construction and property maintenance
• Ability to carry out basic property repairs to a high standard
• Ability to lone work with minimal supervision
• Understanding of Data Protection and client confidentiality
• To work flexibly with the addition of being available evenings and weekends when required to meet the requirements of the post
• Good communication skills
• Be physically fit to lift and move heavy items
• Personable and approachable
• Efficient and self-motivated
• Willingness to travel to locations as set out above
*Due to the nature of the role the applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS.
The Company is committed to making any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job role and the working environment that would enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
You are entrusted with confidential and sometimes sensitive information about Cephas/Alpha group, and the people who live and work there; we hope that you will always remember this and respect the trust we place in you.
This job description represents the broad framework of responsibilities and duties of the post, which may change as the services develops. Following discussion and agreement with the post holder it may therefore be amended as necessary.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template