Support Worker – Mental Health
MPL Care Homes Limited
15000 - 20000
MPL Care Homes Limited
Closing - 31 Oct 2022
Location: Felixstowe, Suffolk
Support Workers (Full-time): £10.50 – £15.00/hr.
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for Support Workers to join our residential care service in Felixstowe. Our ethos is to be professional, hard-working and client led.
You will be joining a team which supports 5 adults with a mental health diagnosis. Our aim is to give the people you will be supporting as much control over their own lives as possible. You will be expected:
• To carry out and undertake specific and general tasks which will provide good quality of health, welfare and well-being of the service users.
• To contribute, develop and implement service users’ individual care and person-centred plans.
• To work flexibly to meet service users’ support needs
• To communicate effectively and professionally with professionals and family members.
• To work effectively and professionally with your colleagues within the policies, procedures, aims, objectives and philosophy of the company.
• To cover day and lone waking-night shifts and be available to work weekends and bank holidays.
• To complete induction and all mandatory training.
• Commit yourself to developing skills and knowledge as identified by you, your line manager, people you support and the organisation.
• To be person centred in all aspects of your role.
Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous, however more important to us are the values and skills that you hold – initiative, patience, understanding and compassion together with a genuine enthusiasm for wanting to enable people to have a meaningful life.Your natural attributes will be to have the compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect and to be person centred in all aspects of your role. Especially important is the ability to put the needs of very complex people first.
MPL is a caring employer and committed to developing, nurturing and rewarding its staff. Park House provides a culture that is focused on the health and wellbeing of staff who deliver on the values set by MPL Care Homes Limited.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a double Covid vaccination status unless exempt together with a successful Enhanced DBS check
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template