A Class Care
25000 - 30000
A Class Care
Closing - 31 Jan 2021
JOB TITLE: Branch Manager/Registered Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Manager
As Registered Manager you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of the service ensuring A Class Care continued compliance with relevant legislation. Working in partnership with colleagues in the senior management team you will ensure the provision of a high-quality service enabling individual needs and organisational priorities to be met in accordance with available resource. The Registered Manager will be required to operate and oversee the groups portfolio of Live in Care clients across the Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich Locality. A Class Care is an ambitious, forward thinking Organisation and you must be committed to developing and enhancing the services we provide.
1. Responsible for CQC compliance. Ensuring that all paper work meet the needs of clients and are in line with current legislation such as the Mental Capacity Act 2007 and the Deprivation of Liberty.
2. Promoting Quality Care and will ensure that access targets defined by the Company Directors are met.
3. The Registered Manager will ensure compliance with statutory duties; performance targets and quality improvement measures.
4. Manage and lead the multi-professional team in the delivery of safe and effective evidence-based interventions.
5. To ensure the service meets, and indeed exceeds, the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission guidance ‘Essential Standards of Quality & Safety’.
1. To increase the branches Private Live IN Care portfolio within the Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich area. Whilst working closely with the commissioners and local authority to increase the service desk.
2. To grow and develop services through increasing delivered hours and maximising referral opportunities.
3. To identify marketing opportunities and develop a marketing plan.
4. To manage projects that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
5. To produce monthly management reports and attend Senior Management Team.
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
1. To build a forward thinking and innovative care team within this location.
2. To ensure that there is a co-ordinated and consistent approach to service provision that is cost effective and efficient making the best use of allocated resources.
3. To identify recruitment needs and develop plans to ensure the service is appropriately resourced with capacity for growth.
4. To be routinely involved in a range of human resources/staff management duties including:
5. Workforce Planning to agreed KPIs including: • Recruitment and selection • Training • Supervision, Appraisal • Disciplinary/Capability procedures • Absence Management
6. To ensure that processes and procedures are in place to meet the various organisational and staff requirements with regard to human resources issues.
7. To ensure that staff are trained for their roles and responsibilities and that all groups of staff within the team have access to appropriate training and learning opportunities.
8. To establish and maintain effective two-way communication to ensure that all staff are aware of and can contribute to operational and strategic developments e.g. staff forums, staff newsletter.
9. To arrange and attend regular service planning meetings with service delivery teams.
10. To put in place systems to ensure healthy working practices and that staff receive relevant information to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
11. To ensure that all staff are familiar with and work in line with A Class Care’s policies and procedures.
1. To implement and maintain an effective quality assurance programme to promote high quality, best practice and continuous improvement of services in line with A Class Care Quality Assurance Policies.
2. To deliver services effectively and efficiently and have clear monitoring procedures and processes in place to ensure standards are continually met.
3. To ensure good and safe practice in all activities relating to service user care by putting systems in place to guide, monitor and evaluate care and services provided.
4. To resolve all complaints in accordance with A Class Care Ltd’s Complaints & Compliments Policy.
5. To evaluate services through regular review, annual service user questionnaires, analysis of complaints & compliments etc.
6. To implement A Class Care, Care Governance Framework to continuously improve services, care and support.
1. To ensure all clients care needs every 6 months or whenever there is a change.
2. To ensure that clients care plan reflects the care package allocated and appropriate support plus equipment is in place
3. To review all equipment to ensure that it’s safe for use and to document on care plans.
4. To complete a full house risk assessment prior to commencing a care package
5. To liaise with other agencies including the CCG and Social Services to arrange additional support as and when required
6. To collect medication prescriptions and arrange for Mar charts to be at the client’s homes on the first of each month.
7. To be the first point of contact for Medication queries and ensure that all medication charts are up to date.
8. To liaise with GP’s or Medical practitioners for medication queries
1. Manage own workload and undertake projects or tasks outside the normal responsibilities when required.
2. Plan and send out of hours roster to staff one month in advance, ensuring all holidays and sickness are covered.
3. Ensure that the Service User and Carers are actively involved in the planning and delivery of services in keeping with A Class Care’s ltd mission statement and in Line with the Mental Capacity Act 2007.
4. Ensure that regular audits and evaluations are undertaken to determine compliance with Companies standards.
5. To participate in the out of hours emergency phone lines on a rota basis
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION/ HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff for your team
2. Participate as and when required in pre-screening, interviewing and offering positions to staff.
3. Manage attendance and participate in disciplinary and grievance matters when necessary.
4. Assist in the investigation of complaints and incidents under the direction of the Operations/ Registered Manager
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
1. Promote and demonstrate awareness of anti-discriminatory practice in accordance with the organisational polices and current legislation.
2. Demonstrate enhanced knowledge and understanding of organisational objectives relating to equality and diversity.
3. Support clients, carers and staff who need assistance in exercising their rights.
4. Have a sound understanding of local and national legislation, policies and procedures.
5. Pay a key role in fostering an environment and service which strives to reflect the diversity of individual needs.
6. Promote a culture which respects and values diversity.
7. Ensure care within your practice is consistent with the 5 principal of the Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice (2005).
8. Recognise and report behaviour which undermines equality and diversity in accordance with organisational policies and current legislation.
1. To actively participate in regular supervisions and annual appraisals for your team.
2. Other such duties as maybe required to commensurate with the needs of the client.
3. This list is not exhaustive and you will be required to provide additional support which is outside the scope of the job description. A Class Care ltd reserves the right to review the job description to meet the service needs of the business and maybe reviewed every 2 years.
1. To proactively manage delegated budgets ensuring efficient use of resources.
2. To develop operational controls in partnership with the senior management team to ensure a commitment to cost effectiveness and value for money. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as Management may from time to time reasonably require
If this above job role meets your criteria and of interest please do get in contact with Marsha-Louise Gordon Recruitment Executive on 01223 864066
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template