Bury St Edmunds
15000 - 20000
Closing - 31 Dec 2020
Train to become a Key Worker – Trainee and experienced Support Workers wanted
Why join us?
• Flexible hours of work
• An opportunity to make a difference
• Support our customers to lead the life they choose
• Valuable experience in social care – everyday is different!
• Award-winning training delivered by our very own experts
• Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
• Holiday package, increasing with service
• £8.72 per hour (+up to 8% employer’s pension contribution)
• Various hours available, 16-37 hours per week
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community. We support our customers to lead the life they choose, tailoring our services to meet their individual needs.
It is now more essential than ever we ensure our customers are fully supported during the COVID-19 pandemic. Support Workers at Leading Lives are Key Workers doing all they can to continue the valued support our customers deserve. We are seeking Support Workers who can offer their valuable time to support our customers lead the life they choose.
Everyday is Different
You’ll be supporting our customers to lead the life they choose out and about in the community. Our Support Workers are caring and passionate and will know that there’s no better feeling than seeing the difference their job makes to other people’s lives.
Did you know, on average, less than 10% of the role involves personal care? Every day really is different – you’ll be supporting customers in a variety of different ways, including being a:
• Personal Shopper
• Fitness Instructor
• Finance Assistant
• Arts & Crafts assistant
• ..and so on!
We are looking for people with a positive attitude who can build positive relationships with our customers who have a variety of support requirements.
No two days are the same, but every day counts.
What skills do we need?
• Engaging, trustworthy and empathetic
• Flexible and adaptable to support our customers needs and lifestyles
• A good role model to our customers and colleagues
• An excellent communicator
• A great relationship builder
• Able to support dignified personal care
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
Ideally you will have a full, clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle, as per service needs.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do with customers, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please download and complete the Application Form on our website
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact 07850 901 440.
Further information can be found:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template