15000 - 20000
Closing - 31 Dec 2020
Train to become a Key Worker
Trainee and experienced Support Workers wanted
Why join us?
• Flexible hours of work
• An opportunity to make a difference
• Support our customers to lead the life they choose
• Valuable experience in social care
• Award-winning training delivered by our very own experts
• Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
• Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community. We support our customers to lead the life they choose, tailoring our services to meet their individual needs.
It is now more essential than ever we ensure our customers are fully supported during the COVID-19 pandemic. Support Workers at Leading Lives are Key Workers doing all they can to continue the valued support our customers deserve. We are seeking Support Workers who can offer their valuable time to support our customers lead the life they choose.
Location: Stowmarket, Suffolk
Salary: £8.72 per hour (+up to 8% employer’s pension contribution)
Hours: Permanent, various hours available, 16-37 hours per week
We are looking for friendly, caring and reliable Support Workers with high standards and the drive to ensure our customers are supported to lead the life they choose. We are looking for people with a positive attitude who can build positive relationships with our customers who have a variety of support requirements.
Due to the nature of the role, there is a requirement for our Support Workers to locality work, supporting our customers across our various services in the Stowmarket area.
Our services support our customers to live independently and do they things they want to do. We provide high quality, bespoke support built around the needs of the individual.
Our services include:
• Daytime Opportunities – Stowmarket Hub is a vibrant, friendly and welcoming environment and the base for a varied programme of activities and experiences for our customers
• Short Breaks (Respite Care) – Equipped to a high standard, 7a provides high-quality respite care for four people, including large television, game consoles and a Karaoke machine
• Supported Living – Tailored to the individual, our Supported Living service gives our customers the freedom to live independently in a home of their own
• Independence Plus – we support our customers to live independently in their own home, and do the things they want to do with our high quality, bespoke support
For more information about the services we offer at Leading Lives in Stowmarket and beyond, please visit our website:
What skills do we need?
• Engaging, trustworthy and empathetic
• Flexible and adaptable to support our customers needs and lifestyles
• A good role model to our customers and colleagues
• An excellent communicator
• A great relationship builder
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
• Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
• Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
• Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
• Maintain dignity and respect at all times
• Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
• Liaise effectively with families and carers
• Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Shifts are variable and could include:
• Day working
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact 01449 745 970. To apply go to our website
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
Ideally you will have a full, clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle, as per service needs.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do with customers, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template