Bury St Edmunds
15000 - 20000
Closing - 16 May 2021
Support Worker, Bury St Edmunds and Surrounding areas of West Suffolk
£9.15 per hour (+up to 8% employer’s pension contribution)
Permanent, part-time, 21 hours per week
Are you passionate about ensuring the best opportunities for vulnerable adults? Do you want to work for an award-winning social care company? Do you have the skills to support our customers to lead an independent life?
• Competitive salary and pension scheme, matching up to 8% of contributions
• Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
• Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
• Comprehensive and bespoke training, including full induction
• Opportunities to complete a Care Certificate, QCF and develop your career through our Career Pathway
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs in the home and in the community across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise, owned by our employees. Any surplus we make is reinvested back into services for our customers or into the local community.
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker within our Independence Plus service in the West Suffolk area. You’ll be supporting two customers to lead the life they choose:
C is looking for someone who is chatty, fun and outgoing with previous experience working with individuals with learning and physical disabilities. C loves the outdoors, bowling, and watching films at the cinema. C enjoys being social and loves being by the water. An important part of C’s care will be supporting her to visit her mum in supported living.
A is a very chatty and happy person, who is always polite and cheerful. A is known as being full of information, as he enjoys watching the news and the weather and is always able to inform us of what is happening. A is looking for someone who is easy-going, friendly and good company to support him with his daily activities, such as going to the library to have some cake and coffee.
If you fit the qualities our customers are looking for then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for someone who is flexible and ideally someone who has a full, clean driving licence with access to their own vehicle.
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
• Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
• Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
• Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
• Maintain dignity and respect at all times
• Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
• Liaise effectively with families and carers
• Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
• You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
• You will build relationships both internally and externally
• This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and others to ensure we make the Leading Lives difference
If you would like to discuss the opportunity of working as part of our friendly team, please contact us on 01284 718741 for further details or complete the online application form. All candidates will be contacted following interview.
APPLY HERE – https://leadinglives.org.uk/apply-online/
Please note due to the nature of the work we do and our service users, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template