15000 - 20000
Closing - 12 Jun 2021
Train to become a Key Worker – Mildenhall, Suffolk
Trainee and experienced Support Worker wanted
Why join us?
• Flexible hours of work
• An opportunity to make a difference
• Support our customers to lead the life they choose
• Valuable experience in social care
• Award-winning training delivered by our very own experts
• Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
• Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
Leading Lives provides social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community. We support our customers to lead the life they choose, tailoring our services to meet their individual needs.
It is now more essential than ever we ensure our customers are fully supported during the COVID-19 pandemic. Support Workers at Leading Lives are Key Workers doing all they can to continue the valued support our customers deserve. We are seeking Support Workers who can offer their valuable time to support our customers lead the life they choose.
Location: Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Salary: £9.15 per hour (+up to 8% employer’s pension contribution)
14 hours per week
We are looking for a friendly, caring and reliable Support Worker to join our team at our Mildenhall Community Hub. We are looking for people with a positive attitude who can build positive relationships with our customers who have a variety of support requirements.
Our services support our customers to remain as independent as they can and participate in activities they want to do. We provide high quality, bespoke support built around the needs of the individual.
Mildenhall Community Hub:
At the hub we support individuals aged 16 upwards with learning disabilities and associated additional needs to live the life they choose. Our customer have the opportunity to take part in activities, learn new skills and access their local and wider community
This is a genuine opportunity to take on a role where every working day you will give something amazing and receive it in return!
We are looking for team members who can deliver meaningful outcome-based sessions, build positive relationships and deliver person centred care in a holistic way.
If you chose to join us; you would become a member of a supportive, forward thinking staff team who are always striving for excellence!
Read more about how Leading Lives supports customers, and the kind of work you could be doing as part of the Leading Lives team.
What skills do we need?
• Engaging, trustworthy and empathetic
• Flexible and adaptable to support our customers needs and lifestyles
• A good role model to our customers and colleagues
• An excellent communicator
• A great relationship builder
As Support Worker, your key responsibilities will include:
• Support a range of customers to live independently and complete day to day activities
• Identify and assist with opportunities within the local community
• Provide intimate personal care according to individual needs
• Maintain dignity and respect at all times
• Communicate effectively and sensitively with customers
• Liaise effectively with families and carers
• Where appropriate, administer medication in line with Company policy
Whilst experience in a similar organisation/role would be advantageous, we believe that the right values and attitudes are also important when recruiting new staff.
Ideally you will have a full, clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle, as per service needs.
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact 01638 716 631.
Please note due to the nature of the work we do with customers, all Leading Lives appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please download and complete the Application Form
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template