15000 - 20000
Closing - 28 Feb 2022
£9.80 per hour with excellent benefits
We have a role for a Support Worker at our friendly service in Ipswich. This is a fun and creative role which is varied and extremely rewarding as you support people in living a good, ordinary life.
Experience is preferred however training is provided. We just ask that you have the following skills and qualities!
A passion to work in person centred ways to respond to the needs of the people we support
Strength of character to be able to work in a dynamic setting
You have a range of good, honest communication skills
Confident in supporting people with their daily needs, including personal care
Compassion and integrity to treat people with dignity and respect
In return for your dedication as a Support Worker you will receive:
- £9.80 per hour
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- PPE provided
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
- Please note as a Support Worker you will be required to work days/evenings/weekends/Bank Holidays therefore a flexible approach is needed.
Keeping you safe
In these extraordinary times the safety of our staff and the people we support is vital – this is why we are doing everything we can to ensure that everyone connected with United Response is confident that they are working and living in COVID secure conditions.
We provide full PPE and training to ensure that you are confident in using it. All United Response employees are eligible for Covid-19 vaccination.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template