Home working position
15000 - 20000
Closing - 16 Dec 2020
Finance Support Assistant
Full Time – 37 hours per week
We are delighted to offer an exciting opportunity to join our established team as Finance Assistant. The role will be mainly office/home-based but may require travel to other Leading Lives sites and to attend meetings and support colleagues.
Leading Lives is an employee-owned co-operative, providing high quality social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs across Suffolk and neighbouring counties. Our aim is to enable people to live full, active lives in their own communities and support them to lead the life they choose.
· Competitive salary and pension scheme, matching up to 8% of contributions
· Award-winning employee-owned social enterprise
· Holiday package, increasing with service and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
· Comprehensive and bespoke training, including full induction
· Career progression through our Career Pathway scheme
· Flexible working opportunities
· Occupational sick pay
About the role
This is a busy and varied finance support role, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Processing of supplier invoices and statements
· Providing effective support to the finance officer, managers and business support staff
· Checking financial data for accuracy and appropriate accounting
· Using Sage 50 finance system and Webroster
· Answering the telephone and responding to finance-related queries
· Processing of sales invoices
· Collation of finance data and statistics
· Drafting internal and external communications, liaising with key stakeholders as appropriate
Additional responsibilities may be given following a successful probation period
Who are we looking for?
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel
· Experience of office and financial procedures
· Knowledge of Sage 50, or other finance system
· AAT Level 2 qualified (achieved or working towards), or equivalent experience preferred
· You will need to be able to communicate on all levels, with excellent attention to detail.
· Organised, with the ability to multi-task and reprioritise throughout the day
· An understanding and respect of data protection and confidentiality
You have a determination to and be passionate about making the Leading Lives difference:
· You will think ahead, flex, adapt and focus to ensure Leading Lives is delivering to the expected standard of service to our customers
· You will build relationships both internally and externally and across localities
· This is a great opportunity to grow yourself and develop and improve the quality of our services for our customers
Should you have any questions regarding the role, please do not hesitate to contact Niki Hedges on 01473 400 755.
We consider part-time and job-share requests for all our vacancies.
This role can be carried out at home
Our premises are “COVID Secure” in line with the government's five Steps to Safer Working Together
Hub and short break services running at 50% capacity to allow for social distancing
COVID-19 training course provided and all mandatory staff training is now on-line
We have cleaning and hygiene procedures in line with government guidance and established infection control procedures
We have provided mental health and wellbeing coaching and support for managers to help them effectively lead their teams through these challenging times
We maintain excellent stocks of PPE so you will always be safely equipped to carry out your duties
Reference ID: VA6
Application deadline: 16/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,989.00 per year
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template