Business Support Assistant
Bury St Edmunds
15000 - 20000
Closing - 26 Nov 2021
Job Title: Business Support Assistant
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Salary: £17,143-£20,000 (pro-rata)
Hours: 22 per week, permanent
Leading Lives provides high quality social care support for people with learning disabilities, autism, and complex needs across Suffolk and beyond in the home and in the community.
We are a leading social enterprise that is highly regarded by our customers for providing social care support with a difference. We exist to support people with social care needs to lead the life they choose.
· An opportunity to really make a difference
· Award-winning comprehensive and bespoke training
· An opportunity to gain a recognised and well-valued Health & Social Care qualification
· Holiday package, increasing with service
· Competitive salary
· Opportunity to become a shareholder member of our employee-owned social enterprise – our members are often awarded annually with vouchers!
· £250 payment on completion of probation
Cathedral View, Bury St Edmunds:
We provide a range of high-quality respite care and short break options for our customers. Short Breaks are a great opportunity to enjoy a break from home and experience a range of activities and skills whilst offering family carers a valuable break from their caring responsibilities, with the reassurance that their relative is in safe hands and having a great time. Cathedral View in Bury St Edmunds offers a hotel like experience for our customers in a purpose-built, contemporary building with eight spacious bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities spread across two wings.
We are looking for a warm individual with great customer service skills who can provide our customers with a friendly, professional and engaging first impression that they deserve.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Bella on 07860 748 373.
Everyday is different
At Leading Lives, we are caring and passionate and know that there’s no better feeling than seeing the difference each of our jobs make to other people’s lives.
We are looking for an organised and professional Business Support Assistant to ensure the smooth running of our services.
Working in social care, we know that no two days are the same, but every day counts.
· Work with marketing to draft internal and external communications
· Organising management meetings
· Overseeing group email boxes
· Use knowledge and expertise to improve administrative processes
· Provide information about your service area to internal and external customers
· Work with management to produce stats and data as requested
· Providing additional support as required, e.g. research, reports, processing financial information and updating IT systems and databases
· Supporting the recruiting manager with the recruitment and selection process as required
This list is not definitive.
What you need:
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Good typing speed
· Organised and professional
· Good attention to detail
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to be assertive as required
· Confidence and integrity
· Initiative and flexibility
Making the Leading Lives Difference
Our company values are at the heart of everything we do, and we are looking for candidates who share these core values.
· We think ahead, adapt, flex and focus to remain the front-runner and make the Leading Lives difference
· We value our relationships and collective strength so we can make the Leading Lives difference
· We grow ourselves to grow others to make the Leading Lives difference
Please note due to the nature of this role, all new appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS with Children and Vulnerable Adults’ Barred List checks, along with all other pre-employment checks in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines.
To apply for this role, please follow the link to our online application form:
Is Your CV up to Date?
There is plenty of CV advice available, but you can follow these key tips to help you brush up on your skills right now:
- Stand out. Your CV should demonstrate your unique blend of skills and experience
- Keep it simple
- Don’t be generic
- Check and check again
- Use a template